JCCE: MPU Rental Information
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Our Mobile Poultry Processing Unit (MPU) is now available to rent at our office!
367-A NC Highway 58 S, Trenton, NC 28585
Thanks to our NC State Extension Animal Agriculture Program Teams Workgroups, we were able to purchase a set of kill cones, a scalder, and a plucker.
This purchase came about as needs assessments were done in the area and we received information that this equipment was needed to help farmers process their birds in a more efficient manner with the proper equipment, along with saving drive time to further away rentable units.
We are excited to house the MPU here in Jones County!
NC Choices also maintains a list of mobile processing units as well as MPU equipment for rent. Click here to view the list.
- Rent is $50 for 1 week. (Cash or Check Only) – payment is taken at pick-up.
Checks can be made payable to NCCE – Jones County or Jones County Cooperative Extension.
- You can pick up the MPU the first day of rental.
- At pick-up you will need to sign the lease agreement, then we will have our county manager sign it, and a copy will be sent to you via email.
- At pick-up you will receive paperwork that includes the manual for the MPU.
- You are required to bring back the MPU clean and are responsible for any damage caused during your rental (also stated in the lease agreement).
- The propane tank is NOT included – you will need to get one on your own.
Take a look at our calendar below to see what dates are available to rent.
- All dates with ‘busy‘ listed are booked by other clients or our office is closed for the holiday.
- We are only accepting rental requests that are no more than 2 months in advance. Example: If the month is June we can accept any rental requests up until the end of August.
Ready to Rent?
NC Choices, “an initiative of the Center for Environmental Farming Systems in collaboration with N.C. Cooperative Extension,” has a number of newly updated pages with meat and poultry processing resources.