4-H Projects – Learning Something New All Year Long
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
A 4-H project is a collection of experiences based around a specific topic.
These experiences are a huge range of everything you have done in a calendar year. Your 4-H community (parents, club members, volunteers, 4-H agents, and others) will help you learn about upcoming opportunities you might be interested in. 4-H Projects are year-long individually designed educational experiences. Youth pick a topic to explore and pursue learning experiences centered on that topic, January through December.
- Animal Science
- Citizenship & Civic Education
- Communication & Expressive Arts
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Personal Development & Leadership
- Plant Science Science & Technology
Youth can pick any topic of interest from archery to horse and from gardening to rockets. This is what makes 4-H so great! 4-H then offers a variety of activities to learn more and youth are able to pursue individual experiences as well. Make sure to write it all down in your 4-H Project Record!
These activities may include:
- Hands-on Experience – Raise an animal, grow a garden, build furniture, etc.
- Field Trips – go with your family, club or school to explore a location related to your project Interviews – share time with a professional working in your project field
- Camps or Classes – take a 4-H class or another camp on your topic
- Teach Others – hold a class to teach others (4-H has lots of opportunities to do this!)
- Presentations – share your knowledge in a school or 4-H presentation
- Competitions – 4-H has lots of opportunities to compete to earn awards & incentives
- Research – books, internet, journals, library – limitless!
- Showcase at Fair – Lenoir County Fair, NC State Fair and so much more!
- Club or County Meeting – see your 4-H agent for a club to join or our next county event to share your experience with others! If you have trouble starting, 4-H has many curriculum guides with lots of activities. Here is more information on how to complete a 4-H Project Record. If you need help talk to your club leader or 4-H Agent.